Ham & Cauliflower Rice Casserole
Updated: Nov 12, 2020
I do love a casserole, especially this time of year! It is starting to get quite chilly out, which always makes me crave hot, hearty meals. In my transition from lunches found on the frozen aisle to healthy, homemade meals casseroles have been instrumental. This is the one I am currently obsessed with. This recipe was my first experience with cauliflower rice, and I was pleasantly surprised. The awesome thing about vegetables is that you have infinite options for mixing and matching. I have so far made three variations of this recipe and have a few more ideas I want to try. You can also try different cheeses! So far, I have made variations with the addition of peas, spinach, corn, parmesan cheese, and ranch. I did not add all of those to one single batch, but I mean you could if you wanted. I omitted the mustard powder in the original recipe (by The Low Carb Life) because I am not a fan, but if you are check out her blog for the original recipe. Don’t forget you can also change up the seasonings to fit your mood! Healthy cooking doesn’t have to be boring!
I used frozen cauliflower rice to make my life a little bit easier. When using frozen veggies be sure to warm up or fully cook first to eliminate as much excess water as possible.
20 ounces riced cauliflower (two pkgs of frozen)
12 ounces broccoli florets (or whatever you have leftover)
2 cups diced ham
3 cups grated cheddar, divided
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Steam the cauliflower rice. If using frozen cauliflower rice be sure to drain some of the water after cooking.
3. While cauliflower rice steams, cut up broccoli and any other vegetables you want to use.
4. Add the steamed cauliflower rice, broccoli, and other ve
getables to a large bowl with the ham, 2 1/2 cups cheddar, eggs, and spices. Stir well to combine.
5. Spread mixture into 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
6. Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is fully melted.
7. Serve immediately.
8. After it cools put leftovers into your lunch prep dishes and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.