Random Recipe: Chicken Fajita Skillet
I really love this recipe! It is so creamy and delicious I found myself craving it only a week after making it as my lunch meal prep. I love this recipe because you can alter any of the ingredients to fit your individual taste. You can add just about any of your favorite vegetables, the possibilities are endless! I altered the original recipe to accommodate my health restrictions and my current favorite vegetables. If you want to see the original recipe you can find it on the Seeking Good Eats blog. It is also just as yummy with taco seasoning if you don’t have fajita seasoning.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 skinless chicken breast, or 1-2 boneless thighs cut into bite size pieces
2 bell peppers, sliced (vary the colors to make it pretty!)
2 Zucchini, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
1 Fajita or Taco seasoning packet
1/4 cup sour cream
3 oz of cream cheese, softened
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 Carb Smart Tortilla
optional: garnish with avocado, guacamole, sour cream, or salsa. For spicy lovers add heat with hot sauce.
1. Over medium heat sauté the chicken in olive oil until chicken is done, about 7-10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. Add onions and peppers to skillet and sauté until tender.
3. Add chicken back to pan and stir in sliced zucchini, fajita or taco seasoning, sour cream, and cream cheese. Mix well. Stir occasionally while cream cheese melts.
4. Be sure to mix everything well in the skillet so everything is coated with the sauce.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and let cook until cheese has melted.
6. Garnish with any of the above options or leave as is and serve with tortilla
Can be kept in the refrigerator for 5 days.